The SpiroScout is a complete lung function laboratory based on GANSHORN`s unique ultrasound measurement principle. It enables precise determination of all spirometric parameters.
As the first of its kind, the SpiroScout simultaneously measures flow and gas density, providing all necessary information about the volume and gas exchange from one single measurement.
- High-precision spirometry due to direct flow measurement
- Sensor is not influenced by humidity, barometric pressure or contamination
- Used with ScoutTubes, the hygienic mouthpiece for single-patient use
- The ScoutTubes are climate-neutral. Please check our declaration by entering tracking number 01-20-162037 in the search bar at www.myclimate.org
- Different options available such as rhinomanometry, oscillatory resistance, emphysema test, and dead space analysis
SCHILLER reserves the right to make changes in design, specifications and features shown, or discontinue the product described at any time without notice or obligation. Images may be representative. Device availability in your market is subject to regulatory approval.
Ultrasound Spirometry is a quick measurement method for direct and precise flow determination.
This ultrasound transit-time flow measurement method (TrueFlow) works with a high resolution of 1,000 measurement points per second, so that no substitute parameters for flow (e.g. differential pressure, temperature or turbine) are necessary.
Within the breathing tube ScoutTube, two diagonally opposing piezo elements alternately send and receive ultrasound waves. Without any flow, the ultrasound waves’ transit time is the same in both directions. Flow moves the air inside the tube, which will accelerate the waves in one direction and slow them down in the other. The higher the difference between go and return, the higher the flow. All other factors (gas properties, humidity, temperature) are the same for both directions and cancel each other out.
- Disposable breathing tube is quick and easy to change without needing to assemble several pieces
- High resolution of 1,000 measurement points per second is a substantial condition for reliability
- No fluctuation of measurement values due to changing ambient conditions or breathing humidity
- Calibration-free when in operation
- No erroneous measurements due to incorrect or non-calibrated pneumotach
- Determination of flow and all derived parameters as volume or resistance during the body plethysmography measurement.
Simultaneous flow & gas density measurement
Extremely high accuracy for low flows
Real-time automatic BTPS correction