Select your location
We have detected that you are here: United Kingdom.
You will be redirected to the website for: United Kingdom
Would you like to see the content for another country or in another language?
SpiroScout SP / SpiroScout SP plus
Ultrasound Spirometry in combination with SCHILLER ECG products
This concept offers many benefits, as it simplifies the handling of the measurements and the data management for both ECG and spirometry recordings. There are no moving parts, no screens to catch sputum and no disposables to calibrate.
- Ultrasonic flow sensor to measure the flow of air into and out of the patient’s lungs
- Sensor is not influenced by humidity, barometric pressure and contamination
- Extremely high accuracy for low flows
- No volume calibration and no warm-up time necessary
- No cleaning and maintenance needed
- Used with ScoutTubes, the hygienic mouthpiece for single-patient use
- The ScoutTubes are climate-neutral. Please check our declaration by entering our tracking number 01-20-162037 in the search bar on www.myclimate.org
SpiroScout SP plus:
- Connected via USB connector
- Follows the same concept as SpiroScout SP plus
- Connected via RS-232 connector
SCHILLER reserves the right to make changes in design, specifications and features shown, or discontinue the product described at any time without notice or obligation. Images may be representative. Device availability in your market is subject to regulatory approval.
Ultrasonic Spirometry is a quick measurement method for direct and precise flow determination.
This ultrasound transit-time flow measurement method (TrueFlow) works with a high resolution of 1,000 measurement points per second, so that no substitute parameters for flow (e.g. differential pressure, temperature or turbine) are necessary.
Within the breathing tube ScoutTube, two diagonally opposing piezo-elements send and receive alternatively ultrasonic waves. Without any flow the transit time of the ultrasound waves is the same in both directions. Flow, moving the air inside the tube, will accelerate the waves in one direction, and slow them down in the other. The higher the difference between go and return, the higher the flow. All other factors (gas properties, humidity, temperature) are the same for both directions and cancel each other out.
- Easy and quick changing of the disposable breathing tube ScoutTube without the assembly of several pieces.
- The high resolution of 1,000 measurement points per second is a substantial condition for reliability
- No fluctuation of measurement values due to changing ambient conditions or breathing humidity.
- Calibration free during running operation
- No erroneous measurements due to wrongly or non calibrated pneumotachs
- Determination of flow and all derived parameters as volume or also the resistance during the Bodyplethysmography measurement.
Extremely high accuracy for low flows
No cleaning and maintenance needed