Select your location
We have detected that you are here: Malaysia.
You will be redirected to the website for: Malaysia
Would you like to see the content for another country or in another language?
PWA - Pulse Wave Analysis
Detection of pulse wave velocity in arteries using ABPM
Significant improvement of the cardiovascular (CV) risk assessment
With convenient cuff measurements for ABPM, it is possible to measure pulse wave velocity in arteries. These measurements provide information about arterial stiffness: the faster the pulse wave, the stiffer the arteries. The stiffer the arteries, the higher the risk for cardiovascular disease. Another useful parameter is the augmentation index, an indicator of small blood vessels’ age.
- Increase of diagnostic precision
- Early detection of coronary heart disease, due to close correlation with stiffness parameters
- Prevention of end organ damage due to hypertension
- More effective and more specific therapy, as some hypotensive drugs may also increase arterial stiffness
- Differential diagnosis (increased peripheral resistance, stiff arteries or increased cardiac preload)
- Recommended use in the guidelines of ESH (European Society of Hypertension) and ESC (European Society of Cardiology) since 2007
Availability in your market is subject to regulatory approval.