Data protection statement
Purpose of the data protection statement
This data protection statement relates to the handling of personal data of individuals for the purpose of the DSG [Data Protection Act] of customers and other interested persons by SCHILLER AG, Altgasse 68, 6341 Baar, Switzerland, (hereinafter “SCHILLER”, “we” or “us”).
Please note that this data protection statement may be subject to change. If changes are intended, we will inform you accordingly in each case.
Basis of data processing
We process personal data based on different bases:
- On the basis of incoming or initiated contractual relationships;
- If necessary for the protection of legitimate interests of SCHILLER;
- To fulfil legal obligations; as well as
- Where appropriate, on the basis of consent.
Purposes of the data processing
SCHILLER processes personal data of private persons concerned (the “persons concerned”) for the following purposes:
- For contract initiation, in particular for quotation and negotiation purposes;
- For the fulfilment of contractual obligations as well as for the use of contractual rights from concluded contracts, in particular for the shipment of ordered products, for the processing of customer inquiries, for collection purposes, etc.;
- For correspondence relating to contractual relationships or on the initiative of the persons concerned;
- As part of applications for online advertised bodies to carry out recruiting processes;
- For accounting and archiving as well as for the fulfilment of legal requirements;
- To operate the SCHILLER website;
- For advertising purposes and marketing measures, in particular for newsletter distribution, whereby a separate consent may be obtained in accordance with applicable laws.
Rights of the persons concerned
In connection with the processing of personal data, the persons concerned below are entitled by law to the following rights. Please note that their existence and scope may vary depending on specific applicable data protection legislation:
- Information: Persons concerned have the right to learn from SCHILLER whether and/or which personal data is being processed by them. For this purpose, requests for information may be made.
- Correction: If personal data are incorrect, the persons concerned have a legal right to correction.
- Objection: If the processing of personal data is based on the legitimate interests of SCHILLER, the persons concerned may object to the processing of their personal data. This shall only apply if they are in such a special situation that their personal interest precludes the processing of their personal data. Here too, compelling, overriding reasons for SCHILLER remain reserved. Please also note that persons concerned may object to the use of their personal data for direct mail. Processing based on other reasons is unaffected by objections.
- Withdrawal of consent: If the processing of the personal data is based on the consent of the persons concerned, the person concerned may withdraw that consent. Processing based on other grounds remains unaffected by revocation of consent. The revocation only applies to the future.
- Restriction: Under certain conditions, the person concerned may demand the restriction of the processing of his personal data. This takes place, for example, if the accuracy of the data is doubted. Please keep in mind that this may limit or even make impossible the provision of services by SCHILLER.
- Data portability: Depending on the applicable data protection law, the personal data provided to us by the person concerned may be reclaimed in a common and machine-readable format and - subject to significant conflicting interests - reused.
- Deletion: The person concerned has a legal right to delete his personal data, if they are no longer needed for the purpose for which they were collected or in case of justified objection. In any case, the use for legal reasons as well as the assertion, exercise and defence of legal claims remains reserved.
- Complaints: We also inform you that, depending on the applicable data protection law, persons concerned may have a legal right of appeal to their data protection authority if they disagree with the handling of their personal data.
Other recipients of personal data
In particular, SCHILLER may make use of service providers or, for organisational purposes, external service providers as order data processors. Typical examples are distribution partners, external IT service providers, external consultants or external commercial service providers. In addition, the transfer of personal data within the SCHILLER Group is possible. Data protection always remains guaranteed.
In addition, the disclosure of personal data to public authorities is reserved for legal reasons or for the enforcement and prosecution of legal claims.
Place of the data processing
Data processing by SCHILLER generally takes place in Switzerland or in the country of the SCHILLER branch/subsidiary responsible for the matter. In addition, a disclosure of personal data abroad is possible. The announcement is made in countries that have an equivalent level of data protection or in the application of appropriate data protection guarantees or in the light of the consent of the person concerned.
We are available if you have any questions.
Duration of storage of personal data
Personal data of the persons concerned are kept for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose of processing or as long as SCHILLER has a legitimate interest in doing so. In particular, legally stipulated retention periods are also decisive for the storage of relevant business documents.
Cookies, Google Analytics and plugins
For inquiries in connection with the processing of personal data as well as for the exercise of claims, we are gladly available to the persons concerned at email@example.com. We endeavour to process incoming requests in a timely manner.